We have been in Halloween recently, so for this post we have decided to make a small tribute to this very peculiar party, adapting a typical French recipe, such as flan. To give you this little detail, we have made some small changes to the recipe, adding jam and over simulating the blood. We hope you like the crème caramel!
- 1/2 L of milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 yolks of egg
- 150 g of sugar
- Liquid caramel
- 4 spoonfuls of water
- strawberry or raspberry liquid jam
- 6 flan moulds or a big mould
- Add ½ L of milk in a casserole pot and put it slow cooked.
- Add a cinammon stick. Then leave it until the casserole pot start boiling, so leave it cold and wait for 30 minutes.
- While we are waiting for the milk we prepare a mix in a bowl with 4 eggs, 2 yolks of egg and 150 g of sugar. Beat until all the ingredients are mixed.After 30 minutes waiting for the milk, it is needed to move away the cinnamon stick.
- Add the milk in the bowl with the eggs and the sugar, and continue beating all the mix. Now put a strainer under the bowl and strain the mix. Spread out the mix between the six flan moulds or in a big mould.
- Put it all in a big pot with some water. Then, put the mix in a casserole and add it to the pot with water to boil it the “bain – marie” way during 40 minutes with medium temperature
- When the flan moulds are set, stop the fire. Leave it cold.
- After that cover up the mix and keep it in the fridge for 4 hours minimum.
- Finally, when the flan moulds are cold it is needed to use a knife under the topping. Pour it out on a plate and add the liquid ham to give more flavour.
The crème caramel is ready to be eaten! Enjoy it.